Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Treehugger Hammock



With new plans for overnight bike trips in the works for this fall, I have been combing the internet for the best way to sleep after 10-15 hours in the saddle. I found the Treehugger Hammock online today. Not sure if I'd rather sleep on the ground or above, but this seems like a lightweight. Anyone have any experience with biking and sleeping in a hammock? A search on MTBR results in a thread on shelters, the hammock or an a-frame tent that doubles as a poncho were suggested.

4 comments:

Rhino said...

I have a lightweight pocket hammock that I take along on many camp trips (though not bike trips for the record). The only issue I have is that I have to hunt for the perfect trees and I have to carry webbing and carabiners. It gets much use car camping, but I stick to the bivy for backpacking. I do love napping in it after a long ride in the woods.

Rhino said...

crap. After watching the video I like this hammock much better than mine. Buy IT.

Chris said...

I don't like the problems of hammocks. Give me a tarptent (new sublite?) and a inflateable pad if we're going to call this "touring."

J said...

I slept in one in the Yucatan for a while and while it was nice with the humidity my back bothered me-not very comfortable.

We missed meeting at Deuces XTerra, but I follow and enjoy your blog. BTW, I can't add you to Google reader. I think there is a problem with your "Subscribe to blog" link.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...