Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Coconino Loop Race 2011

It's good to be back on the bike for long rides. After more than 5 months without doing a 8+ hour bike ride, I logged 3 long rides this weekend during the Coconino Loop Race.

As you may know, this race is from the collaboration of Scott and I. After riding the Grand Loop, we decided that we could come up with a singletrack-filled loop in northern Arizona.

This is the result...




















Good food is a staple for this ride....pulled pork!



The old faithful...Don Miguel. Turns out we grabbed some frozen ones. Very bad idea when you want to eat it on the way up Mingus.
















Brad Mattingly cheering us on during the Sand Flats climb.








In honor of Lee....Country Fried Steak










Wing Mtn









New AZT singletrack to bomb down into Flagstaff

6 comments:

RedRockChica said...

Awesome pics Chad. I debated between hauling a better camera (than my cell phone) and those xc/track shoes for all the expected hike-a-bike. Never HAB'd w/the shoes after all...too lazy to switch em out. Shoulda taken the camera to document all the carnage up on Mingus. Looking forward to riding with (well "behind") you guys again soon! :-)

maadjurguer said...

I'm jealous...my plans with tRoy fell apart when we got the dates mixed up...I come up dry once again this season on the Coco....

ag said...

very nice, chad! really gives a nice sense of some of the riding. jen was psyched to ride a bit with you guys and vows to return with a new position and better knees next year.

mountain biking philippines said...

I love your pics, I like the places you gone through. I wish I would go to that place too.

Alvin

Ji!! said...

Sweet pics! Wish the dates hadn't of conflicted with 24Moab. Really want to see this area. Stoked for next year!

Fabio Almeida said...

Congratulations! Beautiful images. I would like if you visit my blog www.suricatenatrilha.blogspot.com. A hug to everyone! You are an inspiration to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...