Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Dixie Day 3

The next morning, Scott and I rode down less than 5 miles before he turned off. I rode to Hatch for some of the best breakfast at Galaxy Cafe.

I got a ride from a local rancher, Tom Hatch, that was driving to Kanab for some golf. We chatted about his ranch and ancestors (who settled in Hatch, hence the name) before he dropped me off at Long Junction.

No luck after an hour at Long Junction, but finally I got a ride to the Village, about 12 miles up the road. From the Village, I took some scenic back roads to my car. Even found some singletrack to ride.























An incredible route. The colors were out of this world. The Colorado Plateau truly is one of the best places on Earth.

Another example on the Colorado Plateau that I passed on the way home, the Coyote Buttes.



3 comments:

ScottM said...

Those bighorn sheep let you get close! Thanks for the great pics... looking forward to the next one.

Pedro Barreto said...

Wow, what a great blog you have here! Thoses places and pohotos are simply fantastic! Congratulations!

Greeting from Brazil!

Pedro
http://flatson.blogspot.com

MC said...

You poached The Wave!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...