Monday, June 04, 2007

Deuces Wild Triathlons

Justin and I drove to Showlow this weekend so I could do two triathlons. The first was the Olympic Road Course (1500 meter swim - 40 km bike - 10 km run) on Saturday and the second as part of the Xterra Off-Road Triathlon (800 meter swim - 24 k mountain bike - 8 km trail run).



The swim section for both triathlons were very challenging as both had a large number of entrants. It was not uncommon to get kicked, hit in the face, or splashed on by other competitors.


Nice shot at the end of the Olympic Triathlon. Yes, I did it on my mt bike.

The best part of the race was that Justin voluntereed as a "stripper" to take off my wet suit for the Olympic Triathlon. I gave him a quick hug and ran off to the T1 (transition 1) to get my bike. The second day, he was directing traffic in the middle of the woods.

The stats from the race this weekend:
Olympic Distance Tri (Road): 69th overall, 3rd in my age bracket (was the only one on a mt bike in the race!)
Xterra Off-Road Tri Race (Mt bike, Mt run): 22nd overall, 2nd in my age bracket
Click here to see the results.

We did stop into La Casita for a quick lunch. I had a the largest combo ever: a #2, a burro, a tostada, and half of Justin's burro. Also filled up with biodiesel at 4th Dimension Fuels in Oracle two times, up and back. Megan, the owner, is very, very nice. They have a sweet gig there in Oracle (was the first biodiesel station in AZ). Made it to Showlow and back on one tank!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chad, Great job! I tip my hat to you.
Mike

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...