Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Is it ever too hot for coffee?

110 degrees in Phoenix yesterday and 104 degrees here in Tucson. As I write this post, we are having wind gusts up to 25 mph today. Enter the new early morning ride schedule. Today, I got up at 4:45am thanks to my mental alarm clock. There is nothing like getting a nice bike ride in while the sun is rising over Tucson and having a post-ride coffee while it is still cold. Rode for a little over 20 miles in the 2 hours I was out.

The plan is to do more early morning rides/runs, then nap for a bit, before returning to the pool (3-4 days a week) for some swimming.

Side note: On the way into work yesterday, the clerk at Circle K was bewildered at my refill coffee mug (bottle from my bike) and the following exchange began.

"I have never seen that before, a sports bottle."
"Oh yeah, well, I am on my bike right now."
"Really? In this kind of heat? It is way too hot to have coffee!"
"It is never too hot to have coffee, and bikes and coffee are synonymous."

Rain is in the forecast for the Coconino Dirty Century this Saturday. The plan is to hang around for some riding with Dave C. on Elden on Sunday, perhaps even hang around until Monday early morning before returning back to Tucson.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...