Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Trader Joe's

On the topic on nutrition, Meredith calculated my calorie intake for the food I ate after the climb or die. Turns out I ate 4100 calories that day, with a fat, carb, and protein intake identical to Friel's suggested percentages.

Here is another good sign that I might be eating right. At Trader Joe's, the attendant (upon ringing up my $130 grocery), asked me if I was a cyclist. I looked down to see if I had any "cyclist clothing" on and realized that I did not, so I proceeded to ask why.

He said, "I can tell by the food that you have today, you seem like you are a cyclist. do you do mountain or road?"

We had a good chat about mountain biking, how he has not biked in awhile, how he was going to start, etc. So, I think I might be eating the right stuff.
Some things in my cart today:
Pomegrantate Juice
Carrot Juice (man I love this stuff)
OJ
Blueberry Juice (the official recovery drink of every person that has slept next to their bike)
2Buck Chuck(haha, wine anyone?)
Lots of veggies/fruit (the crux of my shopping)
Eggs/English muffins (fav breakfast food: spinach/mush omelet)
10 cartons of soy milk (gotta stock up when I drive to the TJ's)
Vanana yogurt (yes, I am a yogurt addict)
Hummus and spicy pita

1 comment:

carrie said...

I love that store! I'm glad there is one in NM, they need to open one in Colorado, though...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget