Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Rocky Mountain




About 3 years ago, I started riding my mountain bike with more frequency while living in Mexico. The bike was a wal-mart bike with some ghetto shock on the front. Once I moved back to the states, I bought my next hardtail, a Rocky Mountain '04 Vertex. This past week, I bought another mountain bike, a Rocky Mountain '04 Element.

Besides my first full suspension bike that I got this week, I also have officially started running again after more than a year plagued by runner-related injuries. During the past year, I shifted my focus from running to mountain biking. I hope to equate the both during the next few months.

First on the list of runs to complete is my dream of running up Mt Lemon via Romero Pass (in a day). The route will start at Catalina State Park and end at Sabino Canyon, +10,000 feet of climbing in a little under 30 miles.

Rocky Mountain 2004 Element 18": The upgrades: Egg Beaters and the tires to Specialized Pro Roll-X on the rear and a Hutchison Air-Light Python on the front. SRAM X9 and the front shifters SRAM X0's.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...