Sunday, November 25, 2007

Kentucky Camp Epic

Each time I do the Kentucky Camp loop, I am amazed by the beauty of the route. The route does not offer the best singletrack rather it is the combination of mountain biking and views that make this one of my favorite routes in southern Arizona. I made the cue sheets today for the Kentucky Camp Loop and put up a few yellow ribbons to help those that will not be using GPS's on the day of the race. I am hoping to minimize the amount of people that get lost (Tour of the White Mtns being a great example on how not to design/mark a course ). Although I think these endurance style races should have people that are more map literate, I do have some responsibility on my shoulders since I am designing the cue sheet. That said, I decided that a few markers might aid in any mishaps. We will see if they are still up when I go out again on Monday to ride the course again and finish off the cue sheets. Pictures from today's 25 mile ride:





1 comment:

Dave said...

Sweeeeeet! No GPS here, though I may well have one after Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...