Friday, November 16, 2007

2007 Race Schedule- A preview of the past year

Starting to think about what I am going to do in 2008.

I started riding endurance mountain biking in February of this year at the 24 Hours of the Old Pueblo with the Luchadores. Team Luchadores was a very strong, 4-man team (Mike, Brett and Toby) that got 16th in this highly competitive field. My big jump into the enduro world of mountain biking was when I decided to do Scott's Arizona Trail 300-mile Race. It was the first time I had ever ridden on a mountain bike with the intent of sleeping for 2-3 nights. Unfortunately, I had to bail due to a lack of warm clothing on the top of Mt Lemon.

I also jumped from marathon running into the world of triathlons. My first triathlon was the Arizona Xterra Race at Saguaro Lake. A summary of the events I raced in '07 with the link to the results website:


Arizona TriCats Aquathlon
24 Hours in the Old Pueblo
The Arizona Trail 300
SHAC 5k
Cinco de Mayo 10kTucson 5000
Elephant Head Mountain Bike Race
12 Horas de San Carlos, MX
Deuces Wild Olympic Triathlon
Deuces Xterra Triathlon
Swim and Run 2007 Schedule
Mountain Man Triathlon
Pacific Coast Highway Tour
Mt Lemon Time Trial
La Jolla Open Water Swim 3-Miler
Double Boundary Race
Tour of the White Mountains
Off-Road Triathlon
Rock y Road 50/50 Race
Prescott Monstercross
Phoenix Endurance Experience
Flight of the Pigs
Dusk to Dawn
Kentucky Camp Epic

I am still working on the 2008 Calendar and have a few races up already. The next big race is the 24 Hours of the Old Pueblo that I am doing solo this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...