Tuesday, May 01, 2007

AZ Xterra Triathlon

Justin, Nick and I drove up the day before to do a practice swim. It was supposed get me familiar with the lake but it had the opposite impact: I was more nervous after trying to battle the cold, choppy water. We camped out in Usery Park outside of the Salt River Recreation area on Friday only to get rained on at 4:00am.



We woke up and headed on down to Saguaro Lake. It was a tad bit nipply I must say outside, but the water at a "warm" 66 degrees. I was very, very nervous for the swim section of this race. It was a water start, so we were wading in the lake for about 5 minutes before the race started. During the swim, I had to do the back stroke a few times since I my pace was too fast. I though I was in last place, but after swimming the 1500 meters, I was surprised that I had manged to stay close to a friend Nick. I got on my bike and rode the 13 mt bike miles with little problem, passing a few people. I made the transition to the 6-mile run without any problems (and had no problems with the Achilles). I finished in 55th out of 200 with a time of 2 hrs 39 mins, about 30 mins behind the leaders and 30 mins.


On the way home, we picked up some In-n-Out. Mmmmmm. Attached you will see some pics from the race!

RESULTS: AZ Xterra Results from Race

EVENT DESCRIPTION:
Swim 1500m
Mountain Bike 26km
Trail Run 10km





On the future race calendar:

Elephant Head (mt bike)
Cinco de Mayo Run
Sahuarita May 28th
Show low June 3

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...