Friday, May 22, 2009

El Grande

The 29th of May is the slated time for the Grand Loop. Scott and I have been chatting on the phone to work out the carpool details. As Dave mentioned on the 2-epic blog, nobody has ever finished this race on a singlespeed. Another interesting fact about the route is the success rate: 40% of those that start the race finish. Tough statistics to beat, especially on a SS.

I will be tinkering with the singlespeed this weekend, checking and rechecking equipment that broke during the AZT 300. Lighting is going to be the one area that I am not very prepared for right now. Both of my lights broke during the AZT 300.

The chances of having another Spot Beacon are 50/50 right now, nothing will be guaranteed until a few days until the race begins. Check out the chatting going on here at bikepacking.net about the race. 

Either way, it is going to be a good day on the bike and I encourage you to watch along. Also, Yuri will be doing a 5-day tour starting tomorrow on the AZT. It should yield another great show via the Spot. 

Edit: I did end up getting a loaner SPOT from Mike, you can watch the Grand Loop action at this link.

1 comment:

Grizzly Adam said...

Best of luck chad. I will be watching carefully.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...