Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back

After 3 weeks of doing commuting and one short race, I finally felt like my legs were ready to ride again. I realized a little to late at the Prescott Monstercross that my legs were probably not quite ready for action. The culprit, the AZT 300, really did a number on my legs, not quite sure if I have ever used my legs that hard ever. Thank you to Scott for designing said race that allowed me to experience a new type of pain.

I met up with Max on the Rillito Bike Path and headed out on dirt to Sweetwater. Well, almost on all dirt...

...there was a section that we had to cross the roaring Santa Cruz. Who said that Arizona never had streams? Check out the flow on that thing!

We rode the Sunset singletrack over to the gasline. It is a good connector for those that do not want to drive out to Sweetwater; that and Sunset Road has some pretty good hills.

We did the classic Sweetwater loops

before heading back to the gasline and then to Sunset again. I am not sure if I have ever posted some pictures of this short singletrack, but there is probably about 2-3 miles of great singletrack in this area.
Great 2.5 hour ride, pretty good pace, and some darn good weather.

Next up: 50-year via Catalina State Park this Thursday, lights required. Anyone want in?

5 comments:

ScottM said...

You finally had to take some recovery time? Glad to know you're human like the rest of us.

Care to send me GPX for the sunset singletrack?

Did you like the new fence along silverbell...? grr... grr...

Chad said...

Yeah, the new fence is ghettttttttttooooo...I would be surprised if it is up for 2-3 weeks; I guarantee a quad/4x4 guy is going to cut a whole in it.

I sent you an email about the GPX file.

Rockin' said...

I want in...

It is snowing here today and it snowed yesterday. Not sticking very well, but it is still snow.

Unknown said...

I would love a gpx or any info on the Sunset/Gasline out to SW!
It took me half an hour last Saturday to get from Silverbell to the underpass. Ridiculous!

Chad said...

Send me your email address for the GPX, I will be happy to send it over.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...