Sunday, July 29, 2007

Flagstaff Weekender

On Saturday, I rode Schultz Creek-Little Gnarly-Jedi Master-Little Gnarly-Lower Brookbank-Sunset on Top of Elden-Red Onion-Back to the Top of Sunset-Upper Oldham-Sunset-Little Bear-Back down on Schultz-Rocky Ride-to the Downhill Parking on Mt Elden Road where I found that Andy had broken his collar bone while dh'ing. After making a make-shift sling and heading to the hospital with Max, I decided to cruise back to the campsite via Mt Elden Road and Schultz Creek. I finished the day with 38 miles and 2.5 climbs up Mt Elden (nice training for the Mt Lemon Time Trail on August 19).

On Sunday, I woke up and made an amazing camping breakfast: eggs, sausage, and toast. Afterwards, Max and I rode Weatherford-Secret Trail-Super Moto-Lower Moto and rode to the campsite to shuttle the downhill crew down from the top of Mt Elden. I was surprised to see 8 cc motorcycles on the top of Super Moto as we were coming down. Ok, back to the shuttle. We decided to go in on the shuttle and raced down from Sunset-Red Onion-No name trail, then back to the campsite via Rocky Ride. Good ride, but nothing compared to Saturday's solo ride.

Total Mileage: 56 miles

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...